The law firm of Stacks Collins Thompson has a long history of advising and supporting businesses and commercial organisations in Hornsby and on the north shore of Sydney. With a well-established practice team covering all areas of commercial and business law, we are eager to build partnerships with our clients to help them reach their business goals.
Our firm offers a full range of commercial law advice and can help your business grow and take advantage of new opportunities. Our solicitors can advise on such matters as:
- Choosing a business structure – When launching a new business, you may consider operating as a sole trader, working in a partnership or incorporating a new company. Stacks Collins Thompson can assist in accommodating existing trust and self-managed superannuation fund arrangements, while helping you consider the long-term taxation implications of any business structure. We can also offer advice on modifying existing business structures (to become more efficient) or to accommodate a growing ownership (for example, by issuing shares or securing property through charges).
- Agreements – Whether drawing up the sale or purchase of a business or developing relationships through joint-venture and distribution agreements, our firm can offer simple and direct advice on your legal position. We also appreciate that complex matters may require very particular drafting and will always ensure that your interests are protected in negotiating contractual terms.
- Finance and investments – Your business may also be in a position to invest or grow through taking on a business loan. Stacks Collins Thompson can assist you in drafting any necessary agreements to support a credit facility (such as drafting directors' guarantees) or to take on new capital.
- Turnaround – If your business is in trouble or needs to get a handle on a difficult situation, we can assist by advising you on your legal obligations to your creditors. Stacks Collins Thompson can also assist businesses undergoing restructuring by working with receivers, bank appointed managers or administrators to get the best result for you.
- Disputes – Our firm can also assist in commercial litigation.
Why we are different
The lawyers at Stacks Collins Thompson understand that proper business documentation is essential to avoiding costly legal disputes. We believe that this mix of business acumen and legal knowledge will give your business both peace of mind and protection.
By understanding your business and objectives, we can help tailor the right solution for your needs. This helps you focus on keeping your business going and knowing that you have a team of professionals looking out for you. We also aim to inform our clients of significant changes in the law so that they can adjust their arrangements as necessary. We are always available to speak over the telephone or by email and have a well-deserved reputation for preserving commercial confidentiality.
Start building a great business relationship with our commercial law team and speak to Stacks Collins Thompson on (02) 9476 2788.
We can assist you with all matters relating to:
- Small business law
- Business structures and restructuring
- Business name registration compliance
- Discretionary and unit trusts
- Partnership agreements
- Franchise amd distribution agreements
- Dissolution of partnerships
- Shareholders agreements and disputes
- Taxation advice
- Personal asset and liability protection
- Preparation of trust deeds
- General commercial advice