A brief history of our firm:
Commenced operations in 1894 as F W Todhunter. Don Champion joined the firm in 1950 and the firm became known as Kay Davies & Champion. The firm went through various mergers in the 1980s, including with Cotter Roberson, Clarke Patrick, and Todhunters, which saw it build expertise in litigation and other areas of practice. The firm acquired another leading local firm, Mazur & Co, in 2000 and became known as Champion & Partners. The firm changed its name to Champion Legal in 2007.
In 2016, the firm joined the Stacks Law Group and is now known as Stacks Champion.
The Stacks Law Group is a collaborative network of locally-owned and independent law firms that work closely together to continuously improve the delivery of legal services to everyday Australians and businesses. This provides the firm with access to a much wider range of legal experts and resources so that we can deliver better outcomes to our clients.
The firm is led by Geoffrey Mark Roberson, an Accredited Specialist in Commercial Litigation and Emeritus Member of the College of Law.