If your business has been accused of negligence or of misleading deceptive conduct, the lawyers at Stacks can come to the defence of your business.
The Trade Practices Act (Commonwealth) and the Fair Trading Act (State) regulate transactions in the course of trade and commerce that have an effect on competition and prices.
This is particularly relevant in situations where there are contracts, arrangements or understandings which impact on the supply or acquisition of goods or services, or the misuse of market power.
Very serious penalties can be imposed if these acts are breached.
Members of our corporate and commercial team are able to assist clients with the following matters:
- Restrictive trade practice issues such as price fixing and the use of dominant market position
- Unconscionable or misleading and deceptive conduct
- Product liability and safety standards
- Passing off actions (where someone is imitating a person’s trade name, logo or products without authority)
- Prosecuting and defending court proceedings
- Dealing with regulatory authorities (such as the Australian Consumer and Competition Tribunal)
- Product liability
- Advertising content
Need to speak to a lawyer about a small claims matter? Call us today