The legislation affecting the aviation industry is complex and constantly evolving. The commercial legal experts at Stacks are on your side to help you in all aspects of aviation industry law.
The Aviation industry is vast, encompassing everything from airports and ground staff, through to aircraft carriers, aircraft owners, pilots, manufacturers, and maintenance providers.
The Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) is the government agency that regulates aviation safety in Australia, including for Australian carriers operating overseas.
Stacks Law Firm can help you to understand and comply with the numerous regulations affecting the industry. Whether you are a manufacturer, aircraft owner, pilot, aircraft operator, aircraft maintenance provider, or airport, our team of commercial lawyers can offer legal advice tailored to your unique business needs. We will also act for you in the event that your business finds itself involved in legal proceedings.
Important legislation affecting the aviation industry in Australia
- Civil Aviation Act 1988
- Civil Aviation Safety Regulations 1988
- Air Navigation Act 1920
- Air Services Act
- Aviation Transport Security Act
- Airports Act 1996
Aviation issues Stacks Law Firm can assist you with
- Understanding and complying with the regulations around the operation of aircraft in Australia, both domestic and international
- Drafting and reviewing commercial contracts and leases
- Purchase, sale and lease of aircraft
- Conducting due diligence
- Employment law issues including employment contracts, Workplace Health and Safety, and workplace policies and procedures
- Competition law issues
- Privacy law issues
- Negotiating aircraft financing
- Taxation issues
- Business structures
- Understanding the terms of your aviation insurance
- Handling aviation litigation and claims including those arising from aircraft accidents, product liability, cargo and passenger claims, and contract disputes
Need advice about the law affecting the aviation industry? Call us today