Risk is unfortunately an inevitable part of running a business. You can’t always predict what’s around the corner, but you can ensure that you have the best structures in place for managing risk and protecting your business’ interests. Let the business law specialists at Stacks help.
Australia is one of the most highly regulated corporate environments in the world. Ensuring that you understand and comply with all of the regulations affecting your business, is one way to protect yourself in the event that you find yourself in the middle of legal proceedings.
When legal action is taken against you, whether fairly or unfairly, your assets may be at risk. The security of your business assets will depend on the way they are structured. The security of your intellectual assets, such as your right to use a certain design, may depend whether you have met certain requirements under intellectual property law.
Stacks Law Firm will work with you to identify potential risks to your business, and put the legal structures in place to protect your most important assets, including financial assets and intellectual property. We can ensure that you are compliant with all of the relevant laws and regulations, in order to protect your business should legal action be taken against you.
- External events that may affect your business’ productivity and ability to meet its debts such as changes to the economic environment
- Losing key personnel to competitors
- Competitors copying your ideas or designs (intellectual property)
- Accidents or health issues affecting partners or directors, and placing a financial strain on the business
- Disputes with clients or creditors
- Internal disputes, such as those related to employment law issues, strategic decisions about the business’ direction, or business succession issues
- Compliance with industry regulations
- Legal action taken against your business for any reason
Need help managing risks to your business? Call us today