A refused insurance claim can be devastating to you and your family’s finances. Stacks can help you get the payout you deserve from your insurance provider.
When you take out an insurance policy, you expect to have peace of mind in the fact that you will be covered in the event that you suffer a loss or injury to yourself or a family member, damage to your property, or become ill with a serious illness. However, occasionally situations may arise in which your insurance company refuses to pay your claim.
If your insurance provider is refusing to pay your benefits
If your insurance provider is refusing to pay out your insurance claim, you may have a legal case to take action against them. The lawyers at Stacks Law Firm have experience advising and providing assistance to those who wish to take further legal action in cases where they believe they have wrongly been denied the money they deserve from their insurance company. Types of insurance we can help our clients claim for include:
- Home & Contents Insurance
- Total and Permanently Disabled (TPD) Insurance (See our TPD Claims section for further information)
- Motor Vehicle Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Sickness and Accident Insurance
- Trauma Insurance
- Death Benefits Insurance
- Income Protection & Superannuation
What are the first steps in taking further legal action?
- Where you've already made a claim on an insurer and it's been rejected, you can take it further by lodging a complaint online with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA). If you'd like help preparing the complaint documents, a lawyer can assist you.
- If your insurance claim is not resolved by AFCA to your satisfaction, then you will need to consider whether to pursue the matter further via legal proceedings.
If you'd like to have a lawyer review your claim and provide you with honest and professional advice as to the value of your claim and the options for taking legal action, then get in touch with the expert lawyers at Stacks today