Almost everyone will need legal advice at some point in their lives, and sometimes those who need it most are those who can afford it least. Stacks comes to the assistance of those less fortunate by providing pro bono legal services to individuals and families who’ve been through life changing difficulties.
Pro bono legal work is one of the most rewarding things we get to do here at Stacks Law Firm. From the outset, our company has been built on strong principles and values, and one of the core values we’re passionate and committed to upholding is human rights.
From helping refugees successfully gain asylum in Australia, to defending the rights of children and those with disabilities, Stacks Law Firm has expert human rights lawyers who can come to the assistance of those who have been affected by serious breaches in human rights.
We’ve helped defend the rights and win pro bono legal cases for:
- Immigrants and refugees to Australia, as well as their children and families
- Those with disabilities
- Indigenous groups
- Victims of discrimination and hate crimes
- Those who have been victimised politically
- Victims of discrimination based on their sexual orientation
- Individuals who cannot afford legal advice and representation
- Those who have suffered mistreatment at the hands of their employer or the police
- Individuals and families who have suffered other abuses or injustices
- Citizens who have been wronged by governments or government organisations
Pro bono community legal work
In addition, each of our offices in NSW and Queensland provides free legal advice to groups and organisations within their local community, such as schools, pre-schools and other community groups.
For more information about our human rights legal services and pro-bono work, Call us today